Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

January 20th, 2018 05:00

Dell Dock WD15 service tag

Hi, I bought Dell Dock WD15 and I wanted to add it to my account on dell.com, but I cannot find service tag. On device is only PPID. How can I find service tag for this device? Thanks for answer.

• 

16.6K Posts

January 23rd, 2018 04:00

MarvinKRK,

Service Tag Location WD15 Dell Dock

The Service Tag and Express Service Code label are located on the base cover of the chassis.

3 Posts

January 23rd, 2018 06:00

I know that it should be there but I have only there PPID.
Is another way to get service tag for this device?

3 Posts

January 25th, 2018 04:00

No, I don't. There are only PPID and MAC address.

• 

16.6K Posts

January 25th, 2018 04:00

MarvinKRK,

Unfortunately, there is no other way to get the service tag. Do you see the express service code? 

service_tag2(1).png

1 Message

February 1st, 2018 15:00

We have received a few batches of this dock, and they normally have the service tag underneath as shown in the image.

However, the latest batch of docks do not have the service tag anywhere on the device (that I can see).

As the other user mentioned, all I see is a MAC address and PPID.

We normally use the service tag to identity the device in our asset management system, but now we can't do that as this batch has no service tag.

Can you please advise on what this means? Is there any way of getting the service tag for these devices, or what else can we use to identify individual docks?

1 Message

February 9th, 2018 03:00

We have also bought two batches of these docks. The first batch we bought on the tail end of last year have service tags and express service codes. The latest batch we have received do not have either of these.

1 Message

April 23rd, 2018 23:00

Hi basijan 

Any news on that because I did received 2 WD15 and they do not have the service tag just like yours

1 Message

April 27th, 2018 13:00

We're also seeing no service tags, just PPIDs on recently ordered WD15 docks.

May 29th, 2018 07:00

So what is the verdict on this?  How are we supposed to know if this docking station is in-warranty or not? I have one that I know is less than a year and is no longer working. How do we locate the service tag or express service code if there is none?DELL WD15 Docking Station.jpg

3 Posts

May 30th, 2018 03:00

Same here, WD15 dock acquired in May 2018 does not have service tag printed at the sticker on the bottom.

1 Message

June 7th, 2018 12:00

I have a WD15 dock that shows a svc tag but it doesn't qualify as a svc tag when I ry to enter it for support for my ultimate goal to make a warranty claim.

1 Message

July 24th, 2018 11:00

I have two of these docks that are no longer functioning. It would be super nice to be able to check to see if they were still in warranty or not. 

One has an express service code and the other doesn't. Does anyone know if the Dell support chat can help me with them?

4 Posts

August 17th, 2018 12:00

Is there any news on this? I have a brand new WD15 but no Service Tag

1 Message

October 1st, 2018 15:00

Hello, What is the solution for the missing service tag? I bought a docking station this week and am also missing the service tag. I'm going to review the product on amazon and let people know of the problem if there isn't a solution. I can't register the product because of the missing service tag.

4 Posts

October 2nd, 2018 00:00

Hello - this seems to be an ongoing problem. Have you any solution yet? Many thanks
No Events found!